Join the Big Draw Party
Sunday 28 September
Join us for the launch of The Big Draw 2014, and help Pip and Squeak throw a surprise party for Wilfred, one of the Museum's shyest residents.
There are lots of fun, creative activities for all the family to enjoy throughout the day:
- Decorate the galleries with a team of artists led by wonderful illustrator Nick Sharratt.
- Design great art placemats or a limited edition art print with Marion Deuchars.
- Meet the creators of Messy Monster from children's magazine OKIDO.
- Visit the OKIDO Monster Arcade for some whacky party games.
- Enjoy giant print-making with The Culture Cart.
- Take part in a sonic treasure hunt with Studio Hato.
- Make your own diary with The Great Diary Project.
- Draw in thread with Stitches in Time.
- Bring your favourite toy to sit for a double portrait by top cartoonist Marf.
- See performance artist Joshua Knowles lead a pavement art homage to Pip, Squeak and Wilfred and reveal their backstory.
- At 14.00, hear Dr Irving Finkel, founder of The Great Diary Project, read stories talk from some of the diaries.
- At 16.30, join in with Wilfred's birthday tea party!
All art materials will be provided free by Big Draw sponsor Faber-Castell.
Free / All ages / Drop in
Two ticket-only talks will also be taking place during the day. Please note tickets for these talks have sold out.
SOLD OUT - 11.30 - Nick Sharratt (Age 6+)
SOLD OUT - 12.15 - Jacqueline Wilson (Age 7+)
Official sponsor of The Big Draw
The characters 'Pip, Squeak and Wilfred' are the registered property of The Daily Mirror and are reproduced here with the kind permission MGN Ltd / Mirrorpix